What We Do
The governing body is a group of parents, school staff and members of the local community, who work on a voluntary basis to support the strategic leadership of the school. Governors typically serve for four years.
Together with the Headteacher and Senior LeadershipTeam, we are responsible for making sure the school provides good quality education. We monitor the progress of children throughout their time at Lingfield Primary School.
- We provide challenge and support to the Senior Leadership Teamand hold the Headteacher to account for the achievement of the children.
- We make decisions together on matters such as performance, targets, school policies and the school development plan.
- We ensure the school has effective policies in a wide range of areas such as child welfare, health and safety, financial controls etc. We also monitor the impact of policies and oversee the school budget and staffing structure.
- Learning Walks are a good way of helping us to understand how the school supports children's learning. We target a particular area and talk to the children, look at their books and the work on display around the school and in the classroom.
- We try to be visible within school and play an active part in celebrating in the success of the children. We try hard to be a part of everyday school life and to find time to support school activities and events.
The Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, day to day management and control of the school. We are not expected to be routinely involved in the day to day activity of the school, our role is strategic and focuses on raising standards.